Email Marketing Tips To Improve Your Results
Email marketing is a great way to bring in sales and build your core audience. Here are some tips to make sure you get the most out of your email campaign:
- Be sure your subject line captivates. Make sure it is short (3-4 words show up on mobile devices, 6-8 on other devices) and to the point. You want your audience to click.
- Consider the “from” since your audience will quickly scan emails to decide what to delete and what to click. Are they familiar with your company name? Or your product name? Your personal name? In the “from”, use whatever name is MOST familiar with your audience. An unfamiliar sender will likely be seen as spam.
- Most people don’t automatically download images so consider this when designing your email piece.
- The first sentence of the email partially determines the success or failure of the campaign. This is your lead so make sure it is strong.
- Be sure to include a “call to action” in a highly visible location, and be clear on what you want the user to do (i.e. Sign Up For Newsletter, Download, etc.).
Keep your email list current and don’t spam. Remember, opt in only. Utilized properly and consistently, email marketing is very effective and can generate great results.